Here at DAISI Education, we have studied the new Ofsted framework and have found a number of changes worth highlighting. We have published these thoughts in blogs and videos which you can find here.
(For the latest framework – click here)
Click on the topics below to see how we can help your school
How to make the most of your School Data
- Prepare in advance what you want to get across about your school – Frame the Inspection.
- Be Clear – There is an Ofsted assumption that all staff should have a good understanding of the external data of your school.
- Make sure you can explain how data has informed the philosophy, decision making and sequencing of your curriculum.
- Be clear about the different cohorts Most inspections have focused in on specific areas (Expected Progress, Phonics Screening)
- Be able to show how you have used data to inform school improvement and progress over time.
- Above all else, remember your school data is all about maximising potential and how you can help your pupils with their learning..
A DAISI Guide to the new Ofsted Inspections
What will inspections under the new framework be actually like?
There will be 3 main parts of the inspection regime:
Hopefully this video has clarified what will happen under the new Inspection Regime.
You will no doubt be reviewing your curriculum against the School Inspection Handbook to ensure it can be the best it can be for your pupils. This is central to the changes in the framework and cannot be understated.
Some other key points…
- Make sure that you have all the information that inspectors will require by 8 a.m. on Day 1 is either available or easily retrievable.
- If your analysis is stored on an MIS, you might want to have a easy-to-read manual of what buttons to press to retrieve the necessary information, especially important if someone is off sick on the preparation day.
- Make sure you know all of the implications of the data stored in your school’s IDSR – inspectors will still be reviewing them before coming to your school.
- New School Inspections Explained
- Is there a correlation between School Deprivation and Ofsted Judgement?
- Has Ofsted really gone off School Data?
- What is “Outstanding” according to Ofsted Inspectors?
- What is the role of Governors?
Ofsted Focus on Curriculum
The new Ofsted Inspection Framework speaks a lot about Curriculum.
Whilst the new directed focus has been welcomed, there is a lot of misunderstanding about what this means in practice. Schools are buying in help from outside sources against Ofsted Advice and Ofsted are constantly claiming there is no “Ofsted curriculum”.
So what will inspectors be looking for in your school curriculum from September 2019 onwards and what do they mean by a good or outstanding “quality of education”? These articles hopefully will answer some of the questions and help to guide your understanding..
How can DAISI Education help?
Headteachers and School Leaders need to have a thorough understanding of their exam results, the ASP (Analyse School Performance) and IDSR (Inspection Data Summary Report).
- How well do you understand your School data?
- Could you frame the data conversation with an Ofsted Inspector?
- Do you know what Ofsted is looking for?
Our online training courses are FREE and cover a wide range of topics from school data in every key stage to a full guide to the ASP and Ofsted IDSR
In our FREE training courses, we go through each page of the Ofsted IDSR Dashboard and the ASP website
Our FREE School Data Guides give you information about Assessments for all stages of Education.
Question Level Analysis
Whatever assessment you are using, you should have clear reasoning for what interpretations and actions you are going to use. Inspectors will ask what you are drawing from your assessment data and how that is informing your curriculum and teaching.
DAISI Question Level Analysis has helped many schools find the marginal gains they needed and proven to help schools improve their results over time.
Our Principal Analyst guides you through The principles behind assessment within the Ofsted Inspection Handbook and how Question Level Analysis fits within it.
DAISI ASaP Report
Our ASaP report, makes understanding the ASP easy with detailed written statements, graphs and charts and bespoke cohort insight.